Many of you have asked about the Olympians with the circular bruising. It is a technique known to assist in Lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system plays an important role in removing waste and toxins from the body. If toxic debris builds up we can begin to feel stiff, swollen, heavy and tired! Here are some techniques that you can incorporate into your daily, weekly or monthly routine without the expensive bruises.
1) Yoga- Helps relieve lymphatic congestion and reduces stress.
2) Lymphatic massage with specific Young Living essential oils that prepare the area around the spine to receive their benefit! (Ask us about Raindrop Therapy)
3) Dry skin brushing promotes lymphatic flow. Gently brush from the feet and hands up toward the collarbones. Use a soft natural bristle brush before your morning shower! Also great for skin exfoliation.
4) Drink plenty of pure H₂O to help improve your flow!
5) Daily practice of relaxation &/or meditation. 10 to 30 minutes daily.
6) Avoid inflammatory foods like sugar, meat, refined flour, soda and most dairy products. Foods that help counter inflammation are, veggies, lemons and limes, avocado, beans sprouts and good oils like olive, coconut and avocado.